Thursday, March 19, 2009

Wow ****Updated****

So no one ever called me back from the Dr.'s office, even though I called them in the morning yesterday. I can't even believe the whole thing!

Yesterday I called the Dr. that my brother works for (she is an awesome family practice m.d/holistic dr) she is going to be our baby's doc. I wish she did ob. I asked for new doctor recommendations and she gave me a few. I called the new practice and set up a consult for next week. Later today I have the lovely privilege of called my current doctors office and arranging to get some of money back and to pick up my medical records. You just know that is going to go over easily.

Updates to come.


Miss X


*****Update*****
Or should I say non-update. This is starting to feel like an episode of Punked. I called the office first thing this morning and asked for the office manager. They gave me the "She just stepped from her desk" line and sent me her voicemail. I left a very polite and direct message. I told her that since I am unable to switch doctors in their office that I went ahead and found a new doctor. I said I would like a call back so I can set up a time to come get my records and my credit back. No call back and it has been over 4 hours. Definitely avoiding me. This is so stupid I'm starting to think it is funny.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Good luck! I'm glad you're changing doctors. I know the process isn't fun, but you'll never regret it!

deanna said...

I'm so glad you decided to switch practices. Hopefully they'll give you some of your money back, but even if that turns sour, I really think you're still doing the best thing. That doctor, and that practice, just don't seem at all patient-centered.

Miss X said...

Kate - Thanks for talking me through the last couple of days. You are the best!

Deanna - You are totally right. I'm really glad you weighed-in since I know you have similar beliefs about birthing. Thanks!