Monday, March 9, 2009

Symptoms, No Belly, Oh My!

5 1/2 months left!

I can't wait! Time was going by really fast and now it seems to have slowed down. I'm ready to look pregnant and to feel the baby move. Patience isn't my strong point.

I am so anxious to show. The belly shots I posted were really deceiving. I can still easily button all of my regular clothes. No one would ever guess I am pregnant. Even those who know say I don't look pregnant. The only one who sees a difference is my hubby and maybe he is just being sweet. I still haven't gained a pound back so maybe that is why?

It is hard to imagine that next month I will hit the half way point and should be feeling the baby move! How is it possible for all of that to happen when I look so regular right now? Well, my boobs are abnormally large, but that is about it. Bring on the belly!

Last week I broke down and bought a doppler on eB*y. It was the same price as two months rent on a doppler so I went ahead and bought it. I should get it sometime this week. I am excited and nervous all at once. I am hoping for reassurance, but worried I will freak out if I can't find the heartbeat. I'm thinking I should be far enough along to be able to find it.

In symptoms news I am still pretty darn tired! Where is the 2nd trimester energy rush? Maybe it is still coming? My appetite is insane! I cannot believe the amount of food I consume. I should have gained 20 pounds by now. Why I'm not gaining is beyond me! And low back/sciatica pain! OUCH! I have fairly severe scoliosis so I was warned my pain would be worse and sooner then most. It has struck the last week or so. It is all so worth every pain though. I cannot wait to meet this baby.

I'm going to try to post a bit more often. I should have an update this week about my doppler experience. Until then...bye.


Miss X

5 comments:

Kate said...

You'll be so glad you got the doppler! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

I 2nd what Kate said. It was the best money I ever spent! Can't wait to hear all about it. And you will be surprised how fast you can find his/her heartbeat after you get the hang of it. I could always find it faster than my dr!

--Amanda (mommy2parker)

Anonymous said...

You are so funny about being anxious to show...I think I'd be the same way :) Ouch about the sciatica...I had that in my butt and both legs for awhile last year and it was terrible, so let me know if you want some tips on how to relieve it. Of course, relieving it when pregnant is probably different from relieving it when not pregnant, but still. I hope you find some good ways to ease it.

deanna said...

I'd love to hear your doppler stories! I never did rent one, but thought about it a few times. Here's hoping you have really good luck with it, and find much reassurance in it.

I remember that purely ravenous feeling so well! My favorite incident happened when I was out to lunch with a friend at California Pizza Kitchen. Each of us ordered a pizza and she finished half of hers, and boxed up the rest. I had to shoo the waitress away when she offered me a box. I kept eating until there was only ONE piece left. And, I didn't stop eating because I was full, but because my jaw was sore!

Miss X said...

Kate - Thanks for telling me to get it! I am so glad!

Amanda - I totally agree!

Karen - I'm always up for some tips. What do you do to help the pain?

Deanna - Thank you! And I'm glad someone can relate to the food issues! LOL I loved your story!