Thursday, April 9, 2009

Overdue Updates

Wow, I haven't posted anything in quite awhile! No good excuse, I just keep forgetting.

I have 12 days left until the half way point of this pregnancy. Can you believe it? It's going slowly and fast all at the same time. I feel like I'm on the verge of "popping" and I can't wait for that to happen. I have a little belly but I can still button my regular jeans. It's definitely at the point where it is not comfortable to wear them though. I need to post an updated belly shot. I haven't taken one since 12 weeks.

On the blood pressure front, I bought a home blood pressure cuff machine and am monitoring my bp every day. As I suspected my bp is not nearly as bad at home as at the doctors. I have a pretty mean case of White Coats Syndrome. BUT....I'm still thinking of asking to go on bp medicine for the duration of the pregnancy. The slightest stress really elevates my bp and I know that bp problems tend to get worse as pregnancy progresses. My mom ended up with pre-eclampsia with me and I really don't want that to happen. I need to get this baby out safely! I'm hopeful that since my bp is not normally bad that I will respond well to the drugs. I'll talk to the doctor about it at my next ob appointment.

Oh! Forgot to mention that we went to our birthing class seminar 2 weekends ago and we loved it! It is a hypnobirthing class taught by a midwife that usually attends home births. We signed up and our class starts in 2 weeks. I know that sounds so early, but with hypnobirthing you are supposed to start at about the half way mark. We really liked the midwife and we are probably going to hire her to be our doula. My hubby LOVED the classes and was/is so jazzed up about it. He wants to tell everyone. He is so cute.

In symptom news my morning sickness is long gone (thank God), still tired - mostly because sleeping at night is really tough, sore boobs, some heartburn and daily baby kicks (yay!). All in all not too bad. I can't wait for hubby to be able to feel the baby kick. He wants to so bad. I'm thinking we are just a couple of weeks away from that.

Well I think that is most of the catching up. Sorry for the disjointed post. Wishing you all a wonderful Easter!

P.S.
Hopefully I will have a belly pic up soon.


Miss X

No comments: