Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Enough with the torture!

It's a baby..............

GIRL!!!!

I was/am so surprised and so excited. We had every intention of waiting until delivery day to find out the gender. It was just the last couple of weeks that I wondered if I should find out. I've been (still!) having a hard time believing I was really having a baby. I think all my stupid infertility scars were not helping me bond properly with the baby. Not knowing the gender just distanced me that little bit more. Made the baby more abstract. I think it would be so cool to wait, but I think that I needed to find out. It was a great decision! It is so much more real and tangible. I'm not just having this hypothetical baby, but a little girl! WOW! I immediately went out and bought several pink and adorable outfits.

Most of you ladies guessed girl! You did good. :) I was so surprised. Basically every member of my family had been INSISTING that the baby was a boy since the day I got pregnant. They finally convinced me that it was probably a boy too. My hubby did insist in was a girl though. ;)

As far as the ultrasound everything appeared to be perfect and normal. I say "appeared" because our little girl is very naughty! She would not hold still for anything! It took the tech an hour to get any of her measurements. Finally the tech was able to get most of them but said it is possible that the doc will make me do more ultrasounds because I had "the most mischievous baby she has seen in a very long time!". Uh-oh! We are so in for it! :) We also did not get any great face shots. Baby Girl insisted on covering her face with her hands the whole time. She is already trying to hold off the paparazzi! She kept her head so low that she was pushing on my cervix. As my hubby said "She already has an attitude!". LOL We are thrilled. We feel so blessed to be having her.

I'll upload pics when my hubby scans them.


Miss X


P.S.
Oh! She currently weighs 11 ounces! :)

7 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations!!!!!!

amanda said...

Oh, how exciting! I honestly couldn't let myself believe that I'd wind up with a real live baby when I was pregnant with Adam, so I get it. It's hard to let those wounds heal, but finally holding your little girl in your arms will go a long way in doing so.

Wait Another Year said...

How VERY VERY EXCITING!!! You will have a a wonderful time with a baby girl - so many cute and adorable girly things to spoil her with...heheh. I saw the pics you posted on facebook. They're beautiful!

deanna said...

Eleven ounces of cuddly goodness! Congrats on your little sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I'm so happy for you.

--Amanda

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Don't pressure yourself to bond with the baby right now, from what I hear that's hard to do because your communication with her and her budding personality is only through one of your senses: touch. She gets more bonding opportunities because she can hear you, but real bonding requires all 5 senses so it mostly happens after birth. But anyhow, just trying to be reassuring :) Another piece of assvice: enjoy buying a few pink dresses but then make yourself stop because you are going to be inundated with clothes. You will receive clothes from people you would never expect to buy you a present for the baby, and most of the random people will be giving you those sweet little outfits AFTER she is born, seemingly to torture you with extra laundry to do with a newborn. :) We didn't stop getting clothes presents in the mail until Evie was almost 4 months old. SERIOUSLY. Plus, every time the grandmas come visiting they will bring...more pink clothes. Enjoy!

Miss X said...

Thank you so much ladies!

Karen - Thank you! What you said makes perfect sense. It helped me feel a bit better. I am happy to report my bonding has grown leaps and bounds sense the gender scan. :)