Monday, December 15, 2008

Here we go again...

I ovulated today. Didn't I just have a failed cycle? How am I already back in the two week wait? I think trying to conceive around the holidays is even harder then trying at other times. Everything seems so heightened. Too many thoughts of "Maybe I'll be pregnant at Thanksgiving and get to announce to the family at Christmas!", or "Maybe I'll get pregnant for Christmas - what a perfect present!", or "Being pregnant for the New Year! What an awesome way to start out 2009". Why do we torture ourselves this way? I really want to be done with this soon. It is trying to grab me, the darkness of ttc, and it is getting tougher to resist it.

In less depressing news, it snowed this morning! I was/am so excited. I love the snow and in my part of the world we don't get much. A little dusting a couple of times a year is all we get. It looks so beautiful and Christmas-y! I would love for there to be snow on Christmas. I don't think I have ever had the whole "White Christmas" thing.

I am all ready for Christmas. The house has been decorated for weeks and all the presents are wrapped and under the tree. The snow is the fluffy, white icing on my yummy Christmas cake!

Have a mentioned how awesome my husband is? I know it's annoying, but I seriously have the best husband ever. He loves and adores me. He sends me love letters and poems he writes for me. He loves cuddling! He doesn't mind "chick-flicks" (heck, he's almost finished reading the Twilight series!). He is so sensitive, sweet and handsome. I struck it rich. Maybe I'm just being greedy wanting a baby too?

Sorry this was so random. One of those random days.


Miss X

4 comments:

Wait Another Year said...

I envy you. You do have a great husband it sounds. And you two deserve a bundle of joy too! Just keep ttc and try to enjoy the holiday season.

Oh and hooray for the snow. We don't get much here either and when we do, oh boy! Do we ever light up! Hehe. Take some pics.

Miss X said...

Katie - I am super blessed with him. I know, snow is so fun! Hopefully we will get some more, it all melted!

Kate said...

You're not greedy at all- this is what happens when you're truly in love!

Miss X said...

Kate - Thank you.
How's it going, girl? I miss you. Hope you are doing well.