Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bootstraps and Books

Thanks for the support ladies. I was really sad yesterday. I really had to fight that despair feeling that is wanting to snatch a hold of me. With a loving husband and a lot of prayer I was able to keep it at bay. Giving up control and keeping my faith is my biggest battle in all of this. I'm determined to hang on.

I'm still sad today, and the horrific cramps don't help, but I'm trying to pull myself up by my bootstraps. One of my closest friends is going to be induced with her 2nd oops baby on Friday. Also just found out that hubby's cousin and pregnant wife (also Oops baby) will be staying over at our house tomorrow night. Lord grant me serenity...

So on to distracting myself. Is anyone else as enthralled with the Twilight Series as I am? I know they were written for teenage girls and I know I am late to the party, but dang it all, I LOVE them! I had never even heard of them until I saw the movie last weekend for Hubby's birthday (happy birthday baby). I really liked the movie so I rushed out and bought the first book in the series. I finished it in one day. I could not put it down. I'm going out today to get the next book.

I guess I've officially lost it.


Miss X

6 comments:

Wait Another Year said...

I've been wondering about that teen movie myself. We almost watched it last weekend but went with "Australia" instead. It was ok but dangit! Hugh Jackman was SO INCREDIBLY SEXY AND SMOKING HOT! I melted in my seat...hehe. I guess Twilight will be our next movie at the theatres. Thanks for the review. ;)

Wait Another Year said...

One more comment - yes, I totally understand your sadness and despair over AF but hang in there. I just know it will happen for you. I was in my darkest moments - practically giving up all hope - and yet, some luck found its way to me. I will continue to pray for you.

deanna said...

Oh, sweetie......I hope this rollercoaster is short-lived. I'm so sorry....
8hugs*

Anonymous said...

So sorry you are going through all this!

Yes, I am also addicted to Twilight. I am on the 3rd book, and went to see the movie. I thought the book was much better, but I enjoyed the movie. I felt silly reading it, but a lot of my friends are reading too, so now I just embrace it!!

Miss X said...

Thanks ladies. I always appreciate the thoughts, prayers and support.

Kristy said...

I've just gotten into that series myself. Since there is no movie theatre for miles and miles I figure I might as well read the series first...