Thursday, July 2, 2009

I (heart) Dr. Perfect!

Thank you ladies - especially Amanda. Your list of questions were very helpful.

Hubby and I went to a consult with Dr. Perfect Tuesday morning. He was recommended to me by my doula/birth instructor. All of our eyes met and the heavens opened. Birds sang. It was magic. Seriously, I am absolutely thrilled. The Dr. spent lots of time talking to us answering any and all questions we threw at him. We seem to have very similar philosophies and it is so rare to find that.

*We went over breastfeeding - he is a HUGE advocate and pointed to his stacks of breastfeeding books all over his office. Circumcision (in case we ever have a boy) - he does not recommend and gave lots of stats as to why. Vaccinations - he generally does standard timing, but is completely happy to do any alternative schedules the parents deem appropriate. He keeps same day appointments open in his schedule year round. Does not allow his schedule to be booked solid for more then 2 weeks to keep availability for patients. Very personable, on and on.*

YAY!

This is all very much in line with our views. It is so rare that I actually like a doctor so I am on cloud nine! Hubby liked him too so that is that! Decision made and one more thing I can check off of my to do list.

Speaking of my list....I better get a move on. Time is running out!

Have a great holiday everyone! :)


Miss X


*I hope it goes without saying, but this is NO JUDGEMENT on anyone who's views are different. These are just our personal views. I respect what other parents choose to do/not do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to find Dr. Perfect! I'm ambivalent about our ped. She's competent, but not open-minded. But it doesn't matter what she recommends, we still do our own thing and ignore her eye rolls (re: delayed vax).

Kate said...

Glad you found Dr. Perfect! We had the most amazing Ped when Brody was a baby and we lived in Utah... unfortunately we never found anyone as good as him in Washington!

amanda said...

I'm glad I could help, and I'm so glad you found such a great ped. It's not an easy task.

Miss X said...

Karen - That sucks! It is so hard to find a doc that is open-minded. Stupid eye rolls.

Kate - Oh what a pain! It is so hard to replace someone you love.

Amanda - Thanks again!