Monday, June 22, 2009

Doctors, Updates, and Everything else..

29 weeks today! 11 weeks till my due date. Time is just flying by. I can't believe it! So excited!

I had my latest OB appointment today. Everything went great. My blood pressure is still okay. In fact the Dr. said "your blood pressure is really behaving beautifully!". Such a relief after all of the BP drama! They have my total weight gain as 6 pounds. I show 7 pounds at home, but there scale is nicer. ;) Baby Girl's heartbeat was beating perfectly in the 140's and my belly measured exactly on track. Yay!

I almost had a freak out when the Dr. said I would have to take the 3 hour glucose again. It was just a mistake someone had put in the computer. She saw my lab results from the 3 hour after I freaked and I said I already did it and she said they were "perfect". Finally a "perfect" appointment! So, so relieved.

This last Saturday was the bridal shower I threw for my brothers fiance. It turned out perfectly. It was a lovely, traditional High Tea. My mom and my grandma helped and we busted our butts for days in prep. Totally exhausting, but the bride is such a sweetheart and was so grateful. I'm glad she had a nice time. The previous weekend was my other brothers college graduation. The 9 hour drive was tough. My feet were swollen to a ridiculous level afterword. I was stunned and Hubby was totally freaked out! The swelling is pretty much gone now and only happens if I'm in the heat or on my feet too long.

Wednesday is our 1 year wedding anniversary! This year has flown by and honestly been the happiest of my life. We are headed to the coast for a long weekend with our dogs. It will be so nice to just relax on the beach. Our last little babymoon. :)

Oh! The family doctor we loved and who was to be Baby Girl's doc? She is moving away! How dare she! So now we have to find a new doctor. I was given a recommendation of a Ped and I have an appointment "Meet and Greet" with him next week. Frankly I have no clue what I'm doing. Any advice? What should I ask? What should I expect to hear? I've been told this Dr. is very pro-breastfeeding which is what I want. Anything else? Have pity on a first time mom. :)

That is all for now. Our nursery is almost complete so I will be posting pics on the private blog soon! :) Happy Summer everyone.


Miss X

4 comments:

amanda said...

I'm so glad things are going well! Here's my list of ?'s from the pediatrician interviews I did while pg with Adam. (Sorry for the length.)

What are your office hours? Weekends?

How long does it typically take to schedule a well baby visit?

What is your schedule for well baby visits?

What is your vaccination schedule?

If you call with a sick baby, can they see the child that day?

How do you handle routine questions during office hours?

Do you accept and answer questions by e-mail?

What are the after office hours procedures if you have questions or the baby has problems?

What are your views on breastfeeding?

Do you have a lactation consultant on staff or have one you recommend?

What are your views on circumcision? (obviously not applicable to you)

If you’re not available while baby is in hospital post birth who will see him?

When is the first office visit post birth?

What hospital do you admit to?

Hope that helps. Happy Anniversary!!!

Wait Another Year said...

Happy 1st anniversary! Have a great time this weekend. Enjoy the time you have with each other before the baby gets here.

Looking forward to seeing your nursery pics. I'm excited about redecorating our kids' rooms too...whenever we can afford to. I have so many good ideas already!

Brandy said...

The same thing happened to us with the pediatrician we wanted to us when we had Aiden. She announced her plans to leave town just as we were picking her. So frustrating. Now we just use our family doctor and love him to death. Good luck finding someone great!

Miss X said...

Thank you ladies and thanks a million Amanda!