Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Keeping on

Not a whole lot to update, but I wanted to post something.

9 weeks 1 day today. The 2nd trimester is fast approaching! Can't wait. My next OB appointment is next week. I'm getting a little nervous. I think I'm still in denial about the whole thing and I worry that no baby will be there. Ugh.

I'm feeling a bit better then my last post. My sickness is not all day, everyday anymore. I seem to feel worse in the evening. And I seem to not be quite so sleepy. Still tired, but not dying. My boobs aren't as sore either. I'm hoping it is normal that these things are easing up a bit and not bad news. I'm still belching a million times a day so I am taking that as a good sign.

Still not even slightly pg looking. I'm on a due date message board where we play the toilet paper game. The game where you see how many squares of paper it takes to get around your tummy each week. Well this week I lost half a square! I'm guessing it is some of the bloat going down. I think I am going to be half way through the 2nd trimester before I need any kind of maternity clothes.

I'm so grateful to be here. I just can't believe it is really happening. I'm feeling really blessed.


Miss X

4 comments:

Kate said...

Glad you're feeling a little better!

Have you thought about renting a Baby Beat doppler? I got one around 10-ish weeks with Brody and it was so nice to have. Any time I thought my symptoms were diminishing, I'd whip that thing out and listen to his heartbeat. Very reassuring, and fun too!

deanna said...

So glad to hear you're not so sick! That's great news! (and makes it so much easier to really enjoy the ride!)

I wasn't in maternity clothes until half-way through my second trimester either. I did the Bella Band, though, and that was great. I loved still getting to wear my normal clothes for awhile because I didn't have great luck finding cute maternity clothes. I do think you should shop early, though, because it seemed all of a sudden none of my clothes fit. I was glad to have a few pairs of maternity pants ready to go.

Wait Another Year said...

Yes, your sypmtoms sound very normal. I remember my breast tenderness eased up as the weeks went by too. And I also continued to belch like crazy. As for maternity clothes, if memory serves me right, I didn't need them until the fourth month or so.

Well, let us all know how your next dr. appt goes. I'm so excited for you and will keep checking up on ya.

Miss X said...

Kate - I've thought about it. I am just a bit afraid that I won't be able to find the heartbeat and then I will freak out. Hmm...I'll see what my next doc appt brings first.

Deanna - Good tip. I went ahead and ordered a few things on clearance from Target. I should get them this week.

Katie - Sounds like it is pretty common not to show until later with the first baby. I was starting to think it was only me.