Thursday, February 12, 2009

These are the days...

10 weeks 3 days

Just got back from my second OB appointment. Started out with the weight check, their scale has me down 5 pounds from last time. Blood pressure check, my bp was through the roof due to my near panic attack this morning worrying about the appointment. I'm pathetic, I know. Went over my blood test results - all good - except I am not rubella immune. Bummer. Then they pulled out the doppler and warned me not to freak out if they couldn't hear the heart beat since it is still so early. She checked for a long time and finally picked it up. I could not hear it, but hubby said he could.

I heard the medical assistant talking to the doctor in the hall and she told her that I was stressing out and to please give me an ultrasound to reassure me! Yay! Score one for the panic stricken. Instantly the Peanut showed up on the screen. So much bigger then the little dot from last time! Even showed off and did a jumping flip before going to sleep. That baby owns my heart. Measuring exactly on target, heart beat 160 bpm.

I am feeling amazed and wonderfully reassured. Clearly I am having trouble accepting this as real because I was almost shocked when I saw the baby on the screen. Wow! So there really is something in there. Amazing. Hubby was so cute watching! He loved when the baby jumped and commented on how speedy it was. :)

It is so humbling to realize you are experiencing everything you ever wanted. I'm living the dream. And I am forever grateful.


Miss X

6 comments:

Kate said...

Yay! I'm so glad everything went well. One of these days you're going to have to accept that you're having a BABY! :)

Safire said...

Hey, I freaked out for about 15 weeks with all my pregnancies. It's hard to be paranoid but it will so totally be worth it! :)

Wait Another Year said...

It's the most magnificent thing in the world! The ultrasounds will get better and more entertaining in the upcoming weeks and months. Enjoy this special time because it will go by so fast.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome you got an u/s! How exciting! I can imagine how you must feel that it is like a dream and can't be real. I think I would feel the same way. At the very least it will all seem real enough when they put him/her in your arms in a few months :)

Miss X said...

Kate - I know, I wonder when I finally will? ;)

Safire - Glad I'm not the only one - but I agree it will be totally worth it.

Katie - I agree. I really am enjoying it.

Karen - Just thinking about holding my baby makes me tear up! It is so crazy, wonderful.

deanna said...

Yay for a bonus ultrasound! They go such a long way toward calming a worried heart. So glad you got that wonderful reassurance.