Friday, February 20, 2009

Baby Seam

I'll be 12 weeks on Monday!!!! Can you believe it? I am so excited to reach that point! It really makes me think this is going to work out. Unbelievable.

Monday of this week, I was putting lotion on after getting out of the shower when I noticed something. I have a very, very light pregnancy line on my stomach! So light that if you weren't looking for it you wouldn't notice it. But if I point it out you can definitely see it. I know it is one of those things that most women dread but not me! I am thrilled. It makes this thing real and concrete. It is proof of my baby and I am proud to have it. Hubby saw it and called it my "baby seam". How cute is that?

I followed some of your advice and bought a couple of maternity things so that I would have them ready when I need them. I really don't need any maternity clothes yet. All my old clothes still fit, but they are getting slightly snug on the tummy. Hopefully I will "pop" soon.

In terms of symptoms I am feeling much, much better! I am able to eat again (though still unable to gain weight). Where was this magic metabolism BEFORE I got pg? My weight gain for the first trimester is still DOWN 7 lbs from the starting point. I am not complaining about that. My energy level is getting a bit better. I'm still more tired then before pg, but I can feel myself rounding the bend. It is amazing how feeling better helps your sense of well being. I am so much more excited about this pregnancy. I cannot wait for September.

I'll try to post my 11 week belly shot later. I don't look pg, just fat. Keep that in mind.


Miss X

7 comments:

Wait Another Year said...

That is a cute way to put it! How adorable is your husband?!

I, too, welcomed my "baby seam." It was just more proof that I was growing babies inside me. And as an infertile, we never could have enough of that!

Well, I can't wait to see your first belly shot. And be sure to take a bunch of them along the way. I regret not doing that... now I can't even remember why I didn't do it. The only belly shots I remember taking were in the very last months of my pregnancy.

I had forgotten your baby is due in Sept. Cool! (My twins were also born in Sept.) :-)

Kate said...

How cute is that?!

Anonymous said...

Really? That's so cool! I didn't realize you could get that this early. And how fun to take belly shots :) If I were you I'd be debating wardrobe, background...

deanna said...

I *love* the "baby seam!" Super-super cute.

Can't wait to see some belly pics!! You must look adorable.

Amanda C. said...

Happy 12 weeks! So glad to hear that things are going well!

Miss X said...

Katie - Ooh, your a Sept mom too! When were the twins born?

Kate - :)

Karen - I had no idea it could show up this early either! After I saw it, I looked it up on the internet and sure enough, it often shows up this early. Who knew?

Deanna - Thanks. Not very adorable. Just flabby.

Amanda - Thank you!! I'm so excited!

Wait Another Year said...

They were born on Sept. 3rd because they came early... the real due date was a few weeks later but I'm glad they were healthy enough to be born. I was so excited to see them, I didn't want to wait another day if I didn't have to!