Thursday, January 22, 2009

Green Zombie

***Please Note***
I am absolutely thrilled to be pg, but this post is going to sound a little whiny. If you are struggling with infertility you might want to skip this post. I know how annoying it was to hear pg women complain about symptoms and I would never want to hurt anybody.


I am so ready for the 2nd trimester! I know I should be enjoying every second and in some ways I am, but I just feel so lousy! I feel kind of stupid because I never knew how uncomfortable being pregnant could be. Clearly it is worth every amount of pain, but color me ignorant. I just had no idea!

My weight is officially down about 6 pounds from when I got pg. I am having the hardest time eating. All day sickness has definitely kicked in. I have not thrown up, I just want to. I (tmi) belch about 200+ times a day. It is disgusting! I just feel so bloated and my tummy is constantly churning. Finding something I can force down is a real challenge. I'm finding I can only eat something once and then I hate it after that. I am running out of options!

The other big complaint is that all of my energy has been completely sucked dry! I am a walking zombie. I feel like I haven't slept in ages, when I sleep all the time! I pretty much never wake up. It is effort to take a shower and get dressed. Thank God I'm not working. I'm sure it doesn't help my energy levels that I'm not eating.

I think it gets so frustrating because I can't see any evidence of this baby. I don't look pregnant, I can't feel the baby. I sometimes wonder if I've dreamed the whole thing up. I just have to keep believing and have faith.

Somebody tell me the 2nd trimester is easier? And please forgive my whining. I feel like an ungrateful shrew! I swear this baby means everything and I would suffer anything for him/her.


Miss X

11 comments:

Wait Another Year said...

You are experiencing just about everything I did at that stage. I remember belching all day too... yea it was gross. Oh yea, and the constant fatigue like you never ever sleep, even when you are. Its a very uncomfortable place to be but all for a very good reason! I hate to break it to you, but your level of discomfort might increase as the baby gets bigger. (Mine did - constipation, acid reflux, leg cramps, etc.) But don't let this scare you! Of course, everyone is different and you may LOVE and SAIL through the next 2 trimesters. I hope that is the case for ya!

Oh, one piece of great advice is continue taking those prenatal vitamins! If they make you ill, try taking some other type of vitamin pills. You need that to make you feel energetic and alive during the day. I had to stop it for a few weeks early on in my pg because I was gagging so much. But I started back up in the 2nd trimester and I could really feel the difference.

Safire said...

Ahhh...welcome to pregnancy.

Kristy said...

It'll get better!! The second trimester is awesome compared to the first - you will feel your baby, have more energy and look cute and pregnant!! You may still feel sick/uncomfortable, but at least you'll have some physical reminders and changes to help you remember why you are going through it all!

Kate said...

Yup, you're most definitely pregnant. LOL.

The second trimester was a lot better than the first and third. I was still sick, but not nearly as much. I had WAY more energy and like Kristy said, you start to feel the baby move and you look visibly pregnant. That makes everything so much more bearable!

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Remember that this too shall pass!

(And PS- it's your blog, vent any time you want! I think every pregnant woman has felt the way you do now! You have nothing but our sympathy and we can always commiserate with you!) :)

Kate said...

PS- You might try asking your doctor about vitamin B12 shots... I did them once a week from weeks 10-16 and they seemed to help with energy and nausea!

Anonymous said...

Having never been pregnant my advice is definitely assvice, but when I was on IF drugs I had pregnancy-like symptoms because of the extra progesterone and what worked for me was drinking lots of water and chewing ginger Altoids. I think everyone is different though, so just keep trying all of the different home remedies people suggest and find out what works for you...don't give up! :) And if nothing else, the 2nd trimester will come, of course. Don't worry about complaining. I felt the same way at first when I complained about parenting stuff, but then someone commented to me that instead of feeling guilty because I should be grateful, I should look at it this way: you and I and other IFers have worked so hard and shed so many tears to get to this point that we have earned the right to b**ch and moan and complain as much as someone who never experienced IF. Whine away. :)

Miss X said...

Katie - Thanks! Yup, I haven't missed my prenatal vit even once!

Safire - Hehe, thanks.

Kristy - Thank you for saying it will get easier! I'm actually having a better day today. Can't wait to feel the baby.

Kate - Thank you! I can't wait to have some energy and feel the baby!

Karen - Aww, thanks! I really appreciate all of the advice and understanding. I'll have to see if I can find some ginger altoids. Thanks.

Brandy said...

I totally did the same kinds of things. I think with Aiden I even lost about 12 pounds total to start with. Of course I made up for it in the end but it's a bit weird to see pounds falling off like that!

It's frustrating and a little discouraging but it most definitely DOES get better. :-D

Miss X said...

Brandy - Thank you! And I really don't mind the weight loss. I've got some to spare. ;)

deanna said...

So sorry you're having such a rough time! I remember that awful early nausea. Sometimes I wished I would actually throw up just to make that horrible feeling go away. Sending you lots of hugs!

The second trimester was so much better for me, just because it suddenly felt REAL. That made any nasty symptoms so much easier to bear. You'll be there soon!!!

Miss X said...

De - Yup! I've wanted to throw up too, just for a bit of relief. I'm definitely looking forward to the 2nd trimester. Only a couple of weeks left!