Friday, August 8, 2008

Italy Bound

Well it's official, we bought our tickets to Italy! We fly into Venice October 19th and fly out of Rome on November 1st to return home. We plan on taking trains and spending about 3 days in Venice, 3 days in Florence, 3 days in the Tuscan countryside, and 3ish days in Rome. That leaves us about 1 extra day.

We haven't booked all our hotels yet, but we are heavy in research mode. I am in love with the country inns in Tuscany. They look fresh out of the movies! Beautiful farmhouse in the midst of vineyards, horses, wine tastings, etc... Sigh. Just beautiful! And so much cheaper then the city hotels! The exchange rates are beyond painful right now.

We are even attempting to learn some Italian! We bought the Ro*s*tta St*ne Italian lesson level 1 and we have been working at it together just about every night. It is fun and challenging. Neither of us expect to learn a whole lot before our trip but I think it will ease a little bit of our fears about being in a country where you can't speak the language. I just want to be able to get by at least a little bit. Communicate the really important information.

Lot's of planning left to do and we really need to get on it! I can't believe how soon the trip is coming up! I still have to get my new passport with my married name on it! YIKES! Super exciting though. This is really going to be a great trip for us.

Oh! I added a countdown on the bottom of the blog for fun! Enjoy!



Miss X

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo jealous. I want to go to Italy, Greece, Spain so badly! Drink extra good wine for me when you get there. :) Are you going to do a lot of museum touring, or just take it easy and enjoy the countryside?

Kate said...

How fun! I'm jealous!

Watch... you'll probably be pregnant and not be able to enjoy any of the wine! :)

Kristy said...

You do realise that you've planned this amazing trip and you are more than likely going to be too sick with morning sickness to properly enjoy it, right??

Miss X said...

Karen - :) I think we are going to do a fair mix of both. My dh is an artist so there are quite a few things that are important to him that we see. We don't want to over schedule ourselves though. :)

Kate - I am absolutely okay with that! :)

Kristy - I seriously hope so - as sick as that sounds! :)