Friday, August 15, 2008

Backyard BBQ

Most of you know that my sweet hubby and I were married by ourselves in a private ceremony, so we have decided to have a small BBQ at our house tomorrow afternoon. It will be small, about 15 people, just immediate family and a couple of close friends. Unfortunately it is supposed to be 110 tomorrow just like it was yesterday and is supposed to be today. UGH! So I think it is going to turn into a living room BBQ!

We have been busting our butts all week trying to get our house in pristine order. It was somewhat torn apart with all of our painting. We finally finished painting our kitchen on Monday! In total we stripped wall paper and painted our living room, dining room, hallway, and kitchen! It was SO much work, but it really did turn out lovely. We have our pictures and art hung back on the walls and it looks like a totally different house. I really like it.

I need to do a final cleaning and prepping of the food tonight. I bought a couple of salsas that look so yummy! Key lime garlic and a mango-peach salsa. Mmmm...makes my mouth water! DH is BBQ'ing chicken and Brats (and veggie burgers for me!), and his awesome grilled asparagus. He grills it with olive oil, spices, french fried onions and blue cheese crumbles. It is AWESOME! I also ordered two cakes for the party. One is white cake with lemon filling and lemon butter cream frosting. The other cake is chocolate with chocolate mouse filling and chocolate whipped cream frosting!

Okay, now that I am seriously hungry I better get going! Have a great weekend everybody!


Miss X

No comments: