Wednesday, July 30, 2008

No Honeymoon Luck

I'm on to cycle number 2.

I'm bummed out but holding it together. Trying as best I can to focus on the positive - indulge in a diet pep*si - drown in some yummy gorgonzola! - etc. Actually I really do have a victory of sorts to celebrate. I did not use a single hpt! That is HUGE! In all of my years TTC this is the first cycle I have ever had that I didn't use an hpt if there was even the remote possibility of pregnancy. If I am being totally honest I use to test several times a cycle. In fact, when I was doing my medicated cyles, I use to start testing the day after trigger up until the day my period came. My "reasoning" was that I wanted to make sure the hcg from the trigger had left my system, so if a real + hpt came I would know it was real. Yeah, I know. So big "'atta girls" for me this cycle. The truth is I just can't bear to see more - hpts. I don't want to test until I am really pretty sure this time. Part of the "trying to keep my sanity" thing.

I won't lie, I did have romantic ideas about getting pregnant on my first cycle this time. I entertained thoughts of how great it would be to get pg as fast as an obnoxious fertile myrtle as an almost "reward" because of the past infertility. Sigh. Oh well, can you really blame me? Who knows maybe I will still be an obnoxious fertile myrtle - without the obnoxious part of course.

Onward.


Miss X

5 comments:

Kate said...

Darn!

Well, look on the bright side, this way no one will be counting the months to see if you were pregnant before you got married. ;)

Better luck this month!

deanna said...

You deserve a big "atta girl" for resisting the allure of those damn tests! Keeping them at bay always made me sooooo much more sane and levelheaded.

When I got my BFP with Snippet, I tested because I noticed for the first time that my cycle was acting really weird---mainly the pink spotting that showed up on CD27 and CD28, and then mysteriously disappeared. That was just the strange sign I had been waiting for that finally gave me "permission" to test. I remember thinking, "At least if it's negative, I tested for an actual reason this time."

Anyway, don't be deterred! I see good BFP-news in your future!

Miss X said...

Kate - I had that exact thought! LOL

Deanna - Thanks! I hope so!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! I was just thinking about you the other day because I saw a lady on tv that looked just like you. And then I couldn't figure out how to get back to the message board that you had started up for some of us old TTC'ers. Then I just happened to be reading Karen's blog and saw the Miss X and clicked on your name and it pulled up a new blog! Wow, I'm so happy for you! Happy newlywed and now TTC! Yay! Congrats!!!!!

--Amanda C. (mommy2parker)

Miss X said...

Amanda - Hi! Thank you! I tried to e-mail you the blog link when I started it, but your e-mail bounced back. Do you have a new e-mail address? What happened to your blog?