Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Busy, Busy

Moving sucks. Deciding that this would be a great time to paint the entire living room/dining room/kitchen/hall at the same time is shockingly stupid. Yet, that is exactly what we have been doing. We are so tired and I still have a TON of packing/moving to do from my old apartment into our house. YIKES!!!!!! Can someone please wake me when it is over. I am SUCH a procrastinator when it comes to something I don't want to do and I absolutely loathe packing/moving. I seriously wish it was just over with. Ugh.

Since we both had complete households of stuff we have been selling stuff off on Cra*igs L*ist and just keeping the furniture we like best. Consequently the house was kind of empty since some of the furniture we are keeping is at my apartment. It seemed like a good time to paint. Unfortunately we had to strip off some old wallpaper and that is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy! I do have to say that the place is looking awesome though. I need to post some pictures. We chose this latte color for most of the walls and ceiling and a lovely silvery blue color for accent walls and the kitchen. It looks really great.

We are super busy, but super happy. This summer is just going to fly by with how busy we are! I am really looking forward to fall. It is my favorite time of year anyway and we are planning a trip to Italy for hopefully sometime in October. Exciting times! I'm determined to enjoy every moment.


Miss X

6 comments:

Katie said...

moving does suck. but when its all done, you'll be so thrilled. i can't wait to see pictures.

Miss X said...

Thanks Katie!

Kate said...

Oh how I despise moving! At least it'll all be done soon, right?

Miss X said...

Kate - That's the theory! :P Can't be done soon enough!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you about the wallpaper being the worst thing in the world. Our house was completely covered in the stuff when we moved in 6 years ago and we stripped it all ourselves. It was layered in the kitchen and when we got to the bottom layer we found what we thing was the original kitchen wallpaper from when the house was built in the 60's. It had green mushrooms and bunnies and wheelbarrows. Anyhow, I hope you're done with the wallpaper? If not, e-mail me and I have advice for you because we got to be pros at it. Italy sounds like a fab trip, I've never been there and want to go so badly. I can't wait to hear about it.

Miss X said...

Karen - Yes, it sounds like you definitely feel our wallpaper woes! We did finally get it all down. My mom has a Victorian house and when she remodeled the kitchen you wouldn't believe how many layers of wallpaper there were! It was insane.
I am super excited about Italy! I'll post about our plans soon!