Thursday, August 12, 2010

Patience is not my thing...

Thank you ladies for your congrats! You are always there for me.

So, I called the OB (a new one from last time), and they don't want to see me until I am 10 weeks! AHHH! That is 5 more weeks from now. How will I survive that? I'm trying to go with the flow, but it is hard not knowing what is going on. I just pray everything is okay.

Evidently I now am an the "fertile" category and I will absolutely never feel fertile. Aww, to be blissfully unaware! I just recently had a "social network" friend announce on said site that she was pregnant right after she took the test. Really? I mean, good for her, I guess. It would be nice to be so sure. Other then my mom and you ladies, nobody is going to know until after my appointment at the earliest.

I hate this beginning stage where you don't really feel pregnant and you certainly don't look it. It's so hard not to be nervous. I'm feeling a bit bloated and just slightly nauseated. I guess I'll cling to that for now. And half a dozen pee sticks.


On the Mama front, my little girl still nurses all night long. We started co-sleeping at 4 months when I was literally getting up 10+ times a night. Now I am desperate to night wean her and get her into her crib. I don't believe it cry it out. Any suggestions? I am so desperately sleep deprived.


Miss X

4 comments:

Safire said...

Congrats congrats again! That is so amazing. :) As for the night weaning, the only suggestion I have is to put her off as long as possible. She may just want soothing back to sleep and nursing has become that soothing. Good luck!

amanda said...

Oh, you so don't want to hear my experience with the whole co-sleeping and nursing all night topics. Adam co-slept with me from about the same age (4 months) to 2 years, 3 months. And the waking up to nurse thing went on throughout that whole time.

He ended up moving to a mattress on the floor of my room for a short while and then to his own full sized bed in his own room after I was forced to wean him to Neocate (food allergy stuff.)

Once he was in his own room and on the formula he slept through the night for the first time! And he's continued to do so ever since.

So yeah, probably not a helpful comment, but I do understand.

Anonymous said...

Ugh... I remember calling my OB/GYN when I got the +HPT with Brody and they told me they wouldn't see me until between 9-11 weeks- even though I'd had several early miscarriages! So aggravating and nerve wracking! I ended up having an emergency U/S at 6 weeks, but the situation made it less than reassuring. :/ For what it's worth, all my sisters, friends, etc who have had more than one baby say that the time goes MUCH faster because you have a little one to keep your hands full.

Love ya!

Kate

Kate said...

Update! Update! Update!