Monday, August 9, 2010

A Year Later

***If you are in the IF trenches and having a tough day, please note there is potentially sensitive news below***

Wow! It has been almost a year since I last posted. I am certain that no one checks this anymore. I have been busy with all things baby and mothering. It has been a whirlwind year and I have loved being a Mama to my little girl. I can't believe she is almost a year old!

My "baby" started walking at 8 1/2 months! (!!!) She loves music and dancing. Loves her dogs. She is starting to talk. Right now she can say, "Mama", "Dada", "Dog", "Eyes", "No", "Uh-Oh" and sometimes mimics a few others. She is so sweet and funny. She STILL doesn't even come close to sleeping through the night and I adore her. :)

This last Thursday something happened that I would have never been able to imagine. Not even in my wildest dreams. I'm stunned. Stunned! I got a surprise + pg test!

Without giving massive TMI, this has got to be a one in a million shot. I'm shocked. (Did I mention that?). It happened in exactly the kind of way that would have so pissed me off back in my IF days if I heard someone got "surprise" pg. I am shocked, humbled and thrilled. Of course I am also scared. I wouldn't be me if I wasn't. I haven't seen or called a Dr. yet. I think I'm a day or two from being 5 weeks so I have a long way to go. I pray that everything works out.

Can you believe it? I am just so shocked (I know, I know)! I really, really want this! If you pray and wouldn't mind sending one up for me I would appreciate it. God is good.

I hope to post more often. I would love to chronicle this pg too. (How's that for being positive?) I hope everyone out there is well. We've missed you.


Miss X

6 comments:

Amanda C. said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! So happy for you! :)

Brandy said...

WHOA!! That's amazing! I have a feeling of deja vu from when I had my "surprise!" pregnancy with Livi. Congratulations a thousand times over!! :-)

VHMPrincess said...

YAY!!!!! Surprise pregnancies are a great thing! Congrats and so happy for you guys!

amanda said...

Holy, crap! I so didn't see that one coming but how freaking exciting!!! I'm very happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! That is so cool!

Miss X said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :-)