Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Down in the dumps

I'm kind of depressed. It's this bed rest business. I really haven't left the house in 3 weeks and it is getting to me. I'm sure my hormones aren't helping matters. Ugh.

Things are gradually getting worse blood pressure wise. Even in bed rest my bp is creeping up just a bit more every couple of days. This morning all I did was toast myself a bagel and sit on the couch to eat it and my blood pressure spiked up. So now I can't even make myself a quick meal. I have to lay down at all times, except for a bathroom break.

My hubby is fabulous and taking super good care of me. He just called me and I asked him to pick up some Cherry Garcia for dinner. Yes, I do feel entitled to ice cream for dinner. ;) I'm just getting lonely being by myself all day, with nothing to really do. Whine, whine, woe is me! Pathetic! It will all be over soon and it really isn't so bad, it just feels like it at the moment.

My next appointment is Monday and I imagine induction will at least be discussed. You all know how badly I have not wanted to be induced. I'm doing my best to just accept it for what it is. I just really want my baby to be healthy and born. I have a secret fear about something terrible happening at her birth. I just want her to be okay. However that happens is fine.

Blah, blah, anyway. This is where I'm at right now. I'll post updates as I have them.


Miss X

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sheri, I can totally remember how horrible and LONELY and BORING bedrest was! I almost went crazy! The good thing is that every day The Babe is in you is one day closer to her being big, strong, and healthy at birth. Just think of it this way-- one month from now, it'll all be over and you'll be holding her in your arms. YOU CAN DO IT! :)

Kate

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine. :( If you have skype, shoot me an e-mail and I can make Evie do tricks to keep you entertained. She can raspberry, clap and wave "hi" to you, which will be worth about 2 minutes of boredom-free-bedrest. :)

Safire said...

Ahhh...that point. I hated that point in bed rest. It was at that point that I drowned my sorrows in online shopping and netflix. Don't worry, it's only a short time left! Then you will be missing the days of laying on the couch doing nothing!

Can you start to schedule friends to come in and visit during the day? I know that always helped me. Also, I had a nurse I talked to every week and I called her a few times just to shoot the breeze. She encoraged that because being unhappy makes your blood pressure worse. Do you have someone like that who you can call?

I think at one time I took a pen and drew on my belly because I was so bored. My daughter loved it and I had fun tattooing myself with hearts and names and flowers. It would give you something different anyway! :)