Thursday, November 13, 2008

Why I love him

We are back to Operation: Knock Me Up and we are hopeful. My hubby knows how much ttc stresses me out though. I can't remember if I have ever mentioned it before and I am too lazy to look it up, but I've always been a bit concerned that I could have endo. It is just about the only test I never had done back in the infertility days. Plus I am "high risk" for it, due to my mom having severe endo and the fact that I started my period at a young age (9).

My awesome hubby asked me when I wanted to get a lap done to check for endo. He said he didn't want us to waste a lot of time and get more stressed out if we could do something about it. I told him I wanted to try for two more cycles first and if I am not pg I will go for a lap. I love him so much. He supports and encourages me to do whatever I need to so we can have a baby. It was for me, plain and simple. I am amazed with how sensitive he tries to be towards my infertility battle wounds. It isn't something he can relate to, yet he is so there with me. I cannot even tell you how different it is to ttc with someone fully involved with you. I am so blessed.

And he's cute too!


Miss X

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I hope you get your BFP and don't have to do the lap, but there is some relief in having an answer to IF. I was shocked when my RE first told me that the only true diagnosis for endo is through lap. It seems as though 2008 medical knowledge should have a test for it? I have a family history, too; a couple of my aunts have it. One of them is infertile and adopted and the other had four kids, two of them twins, with no medical intervention. I was 9 when I got my period, too, but I never knew that was a symptom! Anyhow, it is so wonderful that your DH is supportive and caring. We women put enough pressure on ourselves!

Miss X said...

Karen - It's crazy that it requires surgery, isn't it? I have some of the symptoms, but I don't have many of the other symptoms. We had severe male factor infertility when I was with my Ex so it may have nothing to do with me. I can't help but wonder though. Thanks for your well wishes!